Last update: January 1, 2023
We at Targum, Inc. (“Targum,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) know that privacy is very important to you.
- The Platform, which is accessed via our website, Targum.video;
- Our website located at targum.video/;
- When you interact with us in any other way.
Table of Contents
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Contact Information
- Billing Information
- Video Information
- Other Information
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’ INFORMATION
- EXTERNAL WEBSITES
- ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
- DO NOT TRACK
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
- IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
- HOW TO CONTACT US
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of operating the Services, Targum collects or receives the following types of information, which may include personal information.
a) Contact Information
When you sign up to use the Services or join our e-mail list, you may be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, phone number, and e-mail address (collectively, the “Contact Information”). We do not collect any Contact Information from you when you use our Services unless you provide us with the Contact Information voluntarily.
b) Billing Information
To purchase a Subscription through a Platform, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Contact Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, billing address, expiration date, security code and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information”).
c) Video Information
To use the translating service, you may upload videos or other content onto the Platform for our software to translate and/or transcribe (“Video Information”).
d) Other Information
In addition to the Contact Information, the Billing Information, and the Video Information, we may collect additional information regarding you and your use of our Services, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Services (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- Information obtained from you. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your food orders, favorite foods, favorite restaurants, gender, birthdate, interests, and biometric information (such as fingerprints and voice recordings).
- Information obtained from your online activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Services, such as (i) information about the device from which you access the Services (i.e., the type of device, the advertising identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”), the operating system and version (for example iOS, Android or Windows), your carrier and network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); (ii) your IP addresses (which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device); (iii) browser type and language; (iv) referring and exit pages and URLs; (v) date and time; (vi) amount of time spent on particular pages; (vii) what features of the Services you use or visit, including your use of Platform (Direct, Discover, or both); (viii) what you order and from which restaurants; and (ix) similar information concerning your use of the Services.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to provide the Services to you, and to operate our business. These business services include:
- Service-Related Usage: We use the Contact Information, the Video Information and the Other Information to provide and support the Services, such as communicating with you and other customers, managing user accounts, translating the uploaded videos, providing customer service, informing you about our products and services, and maintaining our systems. We use the Billing Information to process your Subscription Purchases. .
- Analyzing and Improving the Services: We may run calculations, aggregate, normalize, clean, and make derivative works of the information obtained about you in order to
- Understand and analyze usage trends and preferences;
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Services;
- Improve the Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and
- Test the Services and our infrastructure to make sure the Services are working correctly.
- Marketing: As permitted by applicable law, we may use the Contact Information and the Other Information for marketing purposes, such as informing you about our products and services. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send you electronic marketing communications.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share transfer, or disclose Contact Information, Billing Information, Video Information, and/or Other Information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To provide our Services to you. To provide you with our Services, we may need to share your name, phone number, email address with any third party service providers who may assist in the delivery of the Services to you. that are involved in, or provide services in connection with, such orders, such as delivery services, licensees of our Platforms, point-of-sale partners, middleware partners, rewards network partners, food and beverage industry partners, and other similar third parties. Such parties will use such information in accordance with the terms of their respective privacy policies.
- To better understand and serve our customers. In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze Contact Information, Billing Information, Video Information and/or Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- To assist us running our business. We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, billing, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Contact Information, the Billing Information, the Video Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- As part of the sale or other transfer of our business. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, investment, or similar corporate event, the Contact Information, Billing Information, Video Information, and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- For legal purposes. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Contact Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Targum or others.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Contact Information, the Billing Information, the Video Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, delete and make changes to your Contact Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on our website and Platform, , as applicable. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Targum marketing email. Registered Users (i.e. individuals who register to use the Services) cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. In such case, we will provide you the reason why the modification or removal was not possible.
DO NOT TRACK
As discussed above, third parties such as advertising networks and analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use the Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for commercial websites. At this time, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Services, you consent to any transfer and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and you do so at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US